together to promote understanding
Heard offers a new approach to hepatitis C education.
It is a service providing speakers who share their personal
experiences of hepatitis C with audiences of health care or
other workers, as well as community and/or client groups.
Our aim is to increase
understanding and awareness of hepatitis C, dispel myths and
misconceptions, and reduce hepatitis C related stigma and
discrimination. We strongly encourage the inclusion of a C-een
& Heard speaker in longer education sessions to add
an important client perspective.
& Heard has proved to be a valuable tool for many
health and welfare services.
a speaker to your agency or organisation provides an opportunity
- Hear first hand personal experiences of
people living with hepatitis C.
- Challenge the myths and stereotypes about
- Address discriminatory attitudes in the
workplace and elsewhere.
- Provide a holistic view of health (medical,
- Gain insight into the psychosocial issues
associated with hepatitis C.
- Enhance existing training & education
initiatives with personal perspectives.
to get more information?
To discuss your
requirements or to get more information, email the
Submit your request
using our online BOOKING
FORM. We will contact you to confirm availability
and to discuss your needs so that we can allocate a speaker
- The service is free to members of the Hepatitis
C Council of NSW and NGOs. Please contact the Council for
information on membership. Otherwise, there is an $85 fee
which is paid directly to the speaker.
- The fee includes a speaker for up to one
hour which includes a 15-20 minute presentation followed
by an opportunity for questions and discussion.
- Due to speaker locations, the service is
currently only available in the greater Sydney area.